Admissions at Edison
Thank you for your interest in Edison High School! It's a special place.
Edison is a:
- Small school where students are supported with a very low student:teacher ratio, appropriate learning assistance tools and an excellent and highly-trained counseling staff
- Safe and understanding environment in which each student can acquire knowledge, develop personally and learn important life skills in the way that best suits their needs
- Tight-knit community with strong relationships among students and staff that inspire success and engagement
- Great place for teens to experience high school, with many opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities, discover talents and interests, and make wonderful friends
Our admissions process begins with a visit and tour for parents/guardians of students who may be applying for the following school year. We believe that a school visit allows a prospective student's family to learn about our specific strategies for meeting the educational, developmental and social needs of teens with learning differences. In addition, parents/guardians can meet a few teachers and ask questions about our program. It's a wonderful opportunity to truly observe Edison's special community and the inclusive, safe and vital environment of our school.
After completing a visit, interested families fill out an application and/or financial aid forms. If the admissions committee feels that there may be a good match for the student, s/he is invited to spend a day at the school and the family will meet with a member of the admissions committee. Admissions decisions are made in late winter and applicants will be notified the week of March 18, 2019.
Admissions VISIT & Tour
Tours include a brief admissions presentation, with time for questions and answers, followed by a short walk through the school building and glimpses into classes and student life at Edison High School.
- October 3, 2018 - 8:30 am
- October 17, 2018 – 8:30 am
- October 31, 2018 – 8:30 am
- November 7, 2018 – 6:00 pm
- November 28, 2018 – 8:30 am
- December 5, 2018 – 6:00 pm
- December 12, 2018 – 8:30 am
- January 9, 2019 – 8:30 am
- January 23, 2019 - 8:30 am
- February 6, 2019 - 8:30 am
- February 20, 2019 - 8:30 am
Please allow an extra 10 minutes for parking before your visit. To park, turn south onto 91st Avenue, which is our driveway. Drive along this road up to and past the tennis courts where you will see a small traffic circle; when you enter the circle take the driveway to the right. You may use the parking spots marked “Edison Visitor” or numbers 7, 8 or 9; these are located directly in front of our building’s main entrance. If these spots are full, please go back down the driveway and park in the parking lot with the security booth between the tennis courts and Beaverton Hillsdale Highway. In that lot, you may park in any spot that does not have a number.
The Next Step
If you would like to apply for admission to Edison, please begin the application process.