Postgraduate Opportunities for Successful Transition
Many students find road blocks after they graduate from high school. The high level of support many schools offer stops after graduation and some people need additional assistance to have a successful transition to advanced education, employment, or in social relationships. The POST program strives to empower young people to achieve their goals by supporting their academic, career and personal/social goals through a broad range of individual and group services.
- Academic, Career & Personal/Social Consultation & Counseling
- Assistance Locating Volunteer or Paid Internships
- Academic Program Requirement Consultation
- Applications, Cover Letters, Resumes & Other Paperwork
- Financial Aid
- Financial Planning and Individual Budgeting
- Self-support skill building
SMALL GROUP SUPPORT
- Peer Connection Group — Time to connect with others in a safe and welcoming environment
- Homework Club — Homework assistance and a comfortable place to get homework done
- Formal Groups — Processing the transition to life after high school
- Work/College Prep Club — A place to get additional help with college homework or job applications in a group setting
- Workshops — Parent education and discussions covering topics like
- Helping Your Child with Life Transitions
- Supporting Your Child's Academic Goals
- Independence for the Child Who Still Lives at Home
- Additional Groups Tailored to the Needs of Parents & Families
POST Cost Structure
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT – The cost of individual support is $75.00 per hour of direct contact time. We meet one-on-one, or with parents, and create a plan of individualized support. This is the highest level of support offered.
SMALL GROUP SUPPORT – The cost of group sessions is $15.00 per session, per person. The maximum number of individuals who are allowed to join the group is limited to ensure maximum level of attention to your specific needs.
FINANCIAL AID – A limited number of reduced fee spots are available for individuals or families who need assistance.